A mutual fund is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors and invests typically in investment securities (stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, other mutual funds, other securities and/or commodities). Mutual funds have experienced fund managers to invest and trade investment securities according to the fund’s policy and objectives in order to create income growth or dividends.
With an initial investment of only THB2,000 mutual funds provide an attractive investment option for both beginner and experienced investors, allowing them to diversify their investment portfolios with minimum risk. Capital gains from mutual fund investments are also exempted from personal income tax.
We represent and act as a selling agent for mutual funds managed by Krungsri Asset Management Co., Ltd. one of Thailand’s leading asset management companies. We offer a wide variety of mutual funds to suit investor’s diverse needs and risk profiles. All AYF mutual funds are approved and regulated by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Types of Mutual Funds
• Fixed Income Fund invests solely in fixed income instruments, such as bonds, debentures or certificate of deposits.
• Equity Fund invests primarily in stocks, usually common stocks.
• Balanced or Flexible Fund buys a combination of common stocks, preferred stocks, bonds and short-term bonds, to provide investors with both income and capital appreciation while avoiding excessive risk.
• Long-Term Equity Fund (LTF) is a special type of equity fund launched following the Cabinet’s resolution on 27 April 2004 to encourage long-term savings and strengthen the growth of the Thai capital market. Investors enjoy a tax credit of up to 15% of their annual taxable income or a maximum of THB500,000 per annum on their LTF investments.
• Retirement Mutual Fund (RMF) promotes long-term savings and financial planning for quality retirement. Investors also enjoy a tax credit of up to 15% of their annual taxable income or a maximum of THB500,000 on their RMF investments (The total tax credit amount of THB500,000 per annum also includes investments in provident funds and the Government Pension Fund).
*Investments are subject to risk. Investors are advised to carefully study mutual funds’ policies, objectives, terms and conditions as described in each fund’s prospectus.
For more information, please contact
Bank of Ayudhya PLC (all branches)
KRUNGSRI Call Center 1572